- Stamps: Made with Love
- Punch: Ornate Tag Topper Punch
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
- Papers : Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
- Markers : Promarkers
I seem to have an addition with pink tones at the moment (see my last card!)… I’m longing for Spring 🙂
Here is a quick but very effective card I made with two of my favourite products of the Spring Catalogue : the Butterfly Thinlit Die and the Something Lacy background stamp.
I stamped the Something Lacy stamp with Versamark on vellum, then added white embossing powder and heat-set it. The card base and the butterfly are both cut from a Pink Pirouette cardstock. The sentiment is from Grandes Nouvelles, it has been stamped with silver ink on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut to make a fishtail banner. I added a pearl for an elegant finishing touch.
Here is a close-up to this wonderful butterfly… isn’t it pretty?
- Stamp set: Grandes Nouvelles, Something Lacy
- Inks: Silver Metallic Encore Ink, Versamark
- Embossing Powder: White Stampin’Emboss
- Papers: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
- Dies: Butterfly Thinlit Dies
- Embellishment : Rhinestones Basic Pearls
If you would like to order any of the items used on the project above, you can click on my on-line shop or just send me an e-mail, I’ll be very happy to help you with your order.
Thanks for visiting!
Hope you’re enjoying the (very) warm weather if you’re in this part of the world! Summer, at last!
I have something to celebrate today : my not-so-little brother graduated his 4th year in his accounting studies… I’m so proud of him 🙂 I wanted to use a stamp I used long ago in another card, featuring an über cute little dragon called Smookie. That card was one of my first ones, and I realise how my style has changed since then. I thought it would be funny to make another card now.
Here is a new occasion for Smookie to take a champagne bath :
To create the dotted background, I used sponge daubers to apply ink through a stencil like I did on this other card. I wanted to make a halo effect so I inked the center in Citrine green and then Yellow all around. I have to say, I’m not completely happy with how it turned out, as you can’t really see the green dots under the tag. Now, if I had to do it again, maybe I would try to create an ombre effect from up to bottom instead… Food for thoughts for another card! That’s how you learn, don’t you ?…
Then I die-cut a tag in white cardstock and also in Stampin’Up Certain Celery (retired) to make like a mat for the white one. I stamped Smookie in his Champagne glass, and coloured him with Promarkers. I had fun with the Champagne : I coloured it with Promarkers, applied the magical Wink of Stella clear brush and then a thick coat of Glossy Accent on the whole glass. I completed with little touches of White gel pen for highlights. The result is absolutely amazing as, in real life, it really looks sparkly like Champagne 🙂
I stapled a red ribbon and put some pearls, coloured with Promarkers to fit the colour scheme. For the sentiment, I die-cut two banners and stamped the greeting. I added faux-stitching but in hindsight, I think it was not a good idea, in my opinion the background is quite busy already… well, maybe in a few years, I’ll make a third version of this card, who knows 😉
Following the kind suggestion of Monika, I’d like to enter my card to the Stamps and Glitter challenge from STAMPlorations :
- Stamps : Nellie Snellen Smookie in a glass, Lawn Fawn So Much to Say (sentiment)
- Inks : Memento Tuxedo Black, Ink it up Yellow, Colorbox Citrine
- Dies : Lawn Fawn Tag You’re It, Stampin’Up Banners Framelits Die
- White cardstock from my stash, Stampin’Up Certainly Celery (retired)
- Stencil : Stampin’Up Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks
- Ribbon and pearls from my stash (pearls coloured with Promarkers, see below)
- Accent : Glossy Accent, ZIG Wink of Stella Clear Brush, Uniball Signo White pen, black pen and gold pen
- Promarkers :
- Smookie the Dragon : Lime Green, Lime Twist, Marsh Green
- Champagne : Yellow, Summer Sun
- Glass : Cool Aqua, Arctic Blue
- Mouse : Warm Grey2, 3, 4
- Ribbon : Berry, Crimson
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a lovely day 🙂