Today I’m taking part in a fun blog hop project : the first “Famous Five” blog hop ! 🙂 Well actually we were 5 at the beginning but we’re now a few more (and the more, the merrier, of course!)…
This blog hop is about bokeh. You can have a look at my previous card (I made it at Lola‘s) to see what this trendy technique is.
If you’re coming from Emilie’s blog that means you’re already in the blog roll. If not, your can follow the link to her blog at the end of this post.
Here is my contribution : I kept a similar design but I made a birthday shaker card for a little boy 🙂
I used the stamp set Nuts about You, it’s a set you can earn if you’re hosting a party and the orders reach a certain amount. I’m particularly fond of the critters and also the design of the “chubby” tree 🙂
To create the bokeh, I used Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron, I explained the technique here. The white dots are made with White Craft ink. Mine was new and very, very juicy and thick, that’s why the dots are quite opaque, next time I’ll practice with the sponge daubers on a piece of a scrap paper before applying ink on my project! The card base is Soft Suede, the sentiment comes from the Big News stamp set.
The tree was stamped in Soft Suede, another time in Wild Wasabi and last in Pear Pizzazz. I fussy cut the tree and the leaves (shame there is no coordinated die! that was a lot of work) and assembled the whole together so that the tree looked more realistic. The cute possum is stamped in Crumb Cake.
To create the shaker part, I die cut two circles in So Saffron with the framelits (I added a faux-stitching effect with a golden gel pen), then with the biggest circle I die-cut my window in a piece of acetate. I die-cut my foam adhesive too with the help of the same framelits, so convenient! Some sequins give a bit of shine and fun to shake.
Here it is… hope the little birthday boy will like it 🙂
(You can have a look at the supplies at the end of the post)
Edit from 00:44 : I just saw the perfect challenge for our blog hop… how fun is that!
– House of Cards : Bokeh Effect
Now you can hop to Mylou’s blog!
In case you’re lost or want to discover all these fantastic blogs, here is the list:
– Lolascrap : http://lolascrapetcompagnie.blogspot.fr/
– Perrine : http://scrapcarterie57.canalblog.com
– Dachoula : http://dachoula.blogspot.com
– Val CoupesEtDecoupes : https://coupesetdecoupes.wordpress.com/
– Céline : http://lagardeceline03.blogspot.fr/
– Emilie : https://filsetpapiers.wordpress.com/
–> Delphine : http://shimmerandshine.juloki.com/fr/ (you’re here)
– Mylou : http://lesateliersdemylou.blogspot.fr/
Supplies (Stampin’Up!) :
- Stamp sets : Nuts about you (hostess set),Big News
- Inks : Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, White Craft
- Papers: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Window sheet
- Dies : Circles Collection Framelits
- Punch: Circles : 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-3/8″
- Tools : Sponge Daubers, Big Shot
Thanks for visiting!