Holidays are getting closer… for people like me who are still counting the days and in order to make the wait a little easier, we at the Poulettes decided to indulge in playing with our stamps. Here are some creations on the subject we chose: texture ! This is really a fun theme as you know in paper craft you have lots of way to add textures, whether it be with an embossing folder, embossing powder, craft materials, various papers… So let’s see how everyone interpreted the cue word, shall we?
If you’re coming from Didine‘s blog then you’re already “hopping”. If not, just follow the links at the bottom of this post!
Here is what I came up with: a punch art frame for my son 🙂
The little yellow submarine is made with craft foam! I cut it directly with the Big Shot, it’s as easy as cutting paper. The result is really nice 🙂
The portholes, the propeller and the periscope have received a good coat of Crystal Effect, and also the starfishes, the crab and the lobsters.
To create the propeller, I used the top part of the bow die in the Wonderful Wreath set, and to make the periscope, I cut it from a little letter “U”! Aren’t they great?
The tree from “Sheltering Tree” stamp set makes a wonderful coral. The inks have been blended on Whisper White cardstock. Some waterdrops give a bubble effect in this turquoise sea, and the schools of fish seem to swim far behind the submarine. Some of the fishes have received a coat of glitter glue to add interest.
The letters are also die-cut from white craft foam. A “Mousse” is what we call the ship boys in the French Navy. Funny thing is that it’s the same word in French for “foam” (=”mousse”) so you have a “Mousse” written in “mousse”… (crafty inception ? 😉 )
So, let’s count the various textures we have in this frame: the submarine and letters craft foam, the “glossy” effect on the portholes, starfishes and crustaceans and drops of Perfect Pearls to make oyster pearls… too bad Alexandre is still a bit young to touch it 🙂
I hope you like it! I enjoyed a lot making this scene and I’m in love with this cute little chubby submarine… Perfect for a baby boy 🙂
– Céline : http://lagardeceline03.blogspot.fr
– Layal : http://feeparlayal.canalblog.com/
– Céline’Scr@p !! : http://www.scrapgribouil91.canalblog.com
– Val CoupesEtDecoupes : https://coupesetdecoupes.wordpress.com/
– Didine : http://accro2scrap.blogspot.fr/
– Delphine : http://shimmerandshine.juloki.com/fr/
Supplies (Stampin’Up!) :
- Stamp sets : Sea Street, Sheltering Tree
- Inks : Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Soft Sky, Hello Honey, Daffodil Delight
- Dies : Little Letters thinlits, Wonderful Wreath
- Papers: Whisper White cardstock
- Embellishment : Crystal Effect
Thanks for visiting!