When I saw the gorgeous colour challenge at Curtain Call I immediately wanted to create a card. I new I had bows in different stamp sets and while I was looking for one, I came across this little rocking horse. A friend of mine just had a baby boy yesterday so I went for a baby card with the greys, yellow and teal tones.
The background is made with the wonderful Stripes stencil from Stampin’Up. I used Smoky Slate for both dark and light tones of grey: I just very lightly pressed my sponge dauber to have a different look from the normal one.
The little rocking horse is coloured with Promarkers, hand-cut and mounted with foam pads on a hexagon that I pierced to make a kind of border. A few pearls (again coloured with Promarkers) complete the card.
I like this unusual colours for a baby card… What about you? What are your favourites colours for a baby card?
- Stamps : Lawn Fawn Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum,
- Inks : Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies : Spellbinders Nestabilities Hexagons
- White, teal and yellow cardstocks from my stash
- Stencil : Stampin’Up Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks
- Accent : Uniball Signo White pen
- Promarkers :
- Rocking horse : Warm Grey1,2,3, Sunflower, Gold
- Sadle : Frosted Jade, Island Lagoon
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a lovely day 🙂