Today I want to share the present my daughters and I offered to their daddy for Father’s day. As they are 2,5 year old and 8 month old, I helped them a little 😉 but they proudly “drew” inside the card! ^^
My husband is in the Navy, and I’ve had an idea in mind for quite a long time since I saw the Float my Boat stampset from Lawn Fawn. First I wanted to decorate chipboard letters (D A D) and take a picture of my daughters holding them but if you’ve ever tried to take pictures of toddlers and babies together, you know how
impossible difficult it is to get them to look at the camera at the same time (I don’t even talk about smiling while looking at the camera!), and I was concerned Roxanne would have a little chew on them 😉
So I changed my mind and stuck the letters in a frame, and my daughters gave it to their daddy. Of course, I had to make a card for the girls to “sign”!
Here is our present to my wonderful husband. The sentiment is just perfect for him, although I wrote “our” instead of “my” to adapt it to our family 🙂
Here is a closer look to the card:
I’d like to enter the challenge “Nautical” from The Card Concept, for the “Clean and Layered” style. I hope the background can be considered as “white space” even though it has stripes…
Edit june 26th : My frame gift has been chosen for Lawn Fawn’s Pin of the day! I’m truly delighted 🙂 🙂 🙂
You can have a look on Pinterest here.
- Stamps : Lawn Fawn Float my Boat
- Background : Papermania Capsule
- Dies : Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders (waves), Fantasia Infocréa cloud
- Inks : Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’Up Real Red, Stampin’Up Bashful Blue (shade on the clouds)
- Cardstock : from my stash
- Accent : Red Baker’s twine from my stash, Signo Uniball Red
- Promarkers : Poppy, Berry, Crimson
Wish you a lovely day !
Thanks for stopping by,